Welcome to the first of many fortnightly blogs. You could say it is the first Valleys Step on the journey of a thousand miles!!
My name is Paul Griffiths and I am one of the Well being Practitioners responsible for delivering our Mindfulness and Stress Control courses throughout Merthyr & RCT.
If you have attended a Valleys Steps course I?d like to thank you for attending and well done for taking a step towards improving your well being. If you haven?t yet attended one of our courses and maybe considering joining, feel free to get in touch.
This week I?m going to be sharing with you our exciting plans and ideas we have for the blog. Please feel free to leave comments and we are grateful for any ideas you have on what you would like us to write about or include in the blogs.
We don?t want you to stay up all night reading this so I will keep it short and sweet but give you something to think about!!
So what have we got coming up?
- Feedback ? we want to know what you want to see in the blog or on our website. We?ll be asking you questions about topics you?d like to see on the blog ? exercise tips for example from experts, what do you do to boost your wellbeing; all the answers will be used to inform us of what you would like to see in future blogs. Also we?ll be asking you questions to get some feedback about our courses
- Newsletter ? what are we doing? Events & activities – check in on what Valleys Steps is doing and what we have got planned and what are the hot topics in well being.
- Who?s who? Getting to know the team at Valleys Steps. Each member of the Valleys Steps team will be sharing with you what they do for Valleys Steps and what they do to boost their wellbeing
- Guest blogs – Guest Blogs from our friends and supporters sharing their experience or offering us something to think about
- Books ? we will be recommending books that boost your wellbeing from a mix of backgrounds
- Videos ? we?ll be recommending videos that can improve your wellbeing
- Articles ? we?ll be sharing articles from different sources and on different subjects that can help you to manage your wellbeing ? tips on relaxation, tips on motivation and tips on how to overcome obstacles using the latest news from various sources in the world of Mindfulness, Psychology, Self-help, Pop-psychology and well being.
- And to help us along the way we will be including inspirational quotes from inspirational people such as Jon Kabat-Zinn, Mark Williams, Oprah Winfrey and the Buddha.
This is just a small example of the exciting plans we have for the blog. What we are most excited about is the opportunity for you to contribute to the blog, and don?t forget to leave any comments with ideas and feedback. We hope that this blog will be the key to your success in boosting your well being by helping you to achieve your goals and overcome problems.
Thanks for taking the time to read the blog and please, please, please leave comments, feedback and any ideas about what you would like to see included in the blog in the future.
And to conclude this week?s blog here are some inspirational quotes that fit in with the first blog:
?Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step?
?When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It?s to enjoy each step along the way?
?Just try new things. Don?t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar!?
Much appreciated for your time,
Well being Practitioner