Volunteer with Valleys Steps
Help us promote better wellbeing all across Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr Tydfil and Bridgend.
Course Support Volunteer
What we need from our volunteers:
- Volunteers would have to commit to 2 hours per week for the six-week duration of a course.
- Duties would involve meeting and greeting participants, setting up of the room (chairs etc), handing out of course materials, and various other tasks to help ensure the smooth running of the sessions.
What we can offer in return:
- Appropriate training
- Work experience in the organisation
- Travel expenses
- Knowledge of low intensity psychological interventions
You can download the full role description here.
Become a Wellbeing Project Champion!
The aim of the Steps to Student Wellbeing Project is to work with students to develop wellbeing services for students – helping students to help themselves. Ultimately the project is trying to reduce the number of students who need to access crisis services by developing support that is accessible and tailored to students’ needs. More broadly, we would like to work towards building a positive open environment around mental health in colleges and universities in the RCT and Merthyr areas.
How you can help:
Become a Wellbeing Project Champion!
- Involved in telling us what students want and developing services – this can just be an informal chat
- Promoting the project e.g. workshops, events, website (coming soon!)
- Help us to pilot new sessions
- Creating resources – e.g. blogs, videos
- Help us to design a logo
- Be involved in developing and setting up peer support
- Ideal for students who have interests in psychology, counselling, health and social care, education, graphic design, marketing, or just generally interested in wellbeing
You don?t need to want to do all of these things – you can be as involved as you want to be. If any of this takes your fancy, get in touch!
Valleys Steps Ltd
What would you like to see from us? Submit your suggestions here
Learn about Mindfulness? & Stress Management Online
Join one of our up-coming online workshops, or browse our wide range of workplace wellbeing modules or even book a place on our Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy of life courses
Free Community & Online Mindfulness & Wellbeing Courses
Online & Open Access
Sign up free for one of our online workshops and attend from the comfort of your home, learn about mindfulness, stress, anxiety and more
Workplace Wellbeing Courses
Onsite or online options
Bring better wellbeing into the workplace with our workplace wellbeing options, get in touch to learn more
MBCT-L Courses & Retreat Days
Interested in the next step with Valleys Steps? Book onto one of our MBCT-L courses or retreat days
Interested in becoming a Volunteer? Complete our volunteer form here
Steps to Student Wellbeing
We’re supporting students in education, visit our student wellbeing page for blogs, tips and workshops designed for students in education
Read our Latest Blogs, Tips and Updates
Read the latest from Valleys Steps and the team, and the latest Mindfulness and wellbeing tips
With a national lockdown in place it’s no wonder why many of us are spending more time on the sofa than strolling around in the fresh air…
Over the past year or so, I’m sure we’ve all faced huge changes in our lives during the pandemic. I am currently facing one of the common life changes that happens to many of us:
If someone had told me I would have been looking forward to, excited even, about having a vaccine – I would have laughed at them and told them not to be so ridiculous!
Self Help Resources
Audio & Downloads
Copyright ? 2020 ValleysSteps